System and technical recommendations for Moodle Not all items are required to have a successful experience in your online course. Be sure to talk with your instructor about any special technology requirements for your course.
Software and Plugins Needed
1. You should have your own email address, not shared with someone else. Not all email addresses are created equal. Certain addresses are not recommended due to the way their spam blockers work. These include Hotmail, Yahoo! and Earthlink.
2. This system is best viewed through a modern web browser, such as Internet Explorer 8 or higher, Mozilla Firefox 3 or higher and other similar browsers. Some features may not work with all browsers such as Safari, Opera or Netscape. Do not view though AOL.
3. Many of the documents that are used in courses use Adobe Acrobat format (.pdf).
4. Some of the documents that are used in courses will be from the Microsoft Office suite.
5. We accept documents saved as .doc (MS Word) or as .rtf (Rich Text Format)
6. Many courses have multimedia animations created using Adobe Flash that require you to have the Flash Plugin on your computer (You probably have it already if you have a modern machine)
7. In order to view some animations you will need Shockwave
8. Most courses will require the use of a media player, Microsoft Media Player, Quicktime or Real Player. ( get the latest versions)
9. Courses require the most recent version of Java installed.